Adding the right content is important…
And adding the right amount is just as important. It’s usually best to say what you need to say and no more. Here are some tips for how to write a short but informative listing:
- List everything you do. Don’t assume people will know.
- Be clear and concise when writing.
- Be personable. Try to add in your own unique writing flavor to help stand out.
- List your experience, from weddings to small club shows (for example). You never know who may be reading what you post.
- Be sure to include links to live videos and/or recorded music. Ensure the content is of good quality. You always want to put your best foot forward, and a badly recorded song may be what keeps you from getting the gig.
- Include a second form of contact. The submission form requires at least an email, but consider entering your phone number as well.
- If you have a band website or a place to buy merchandise or see when the next show will be, make sure to add links for those.
- Include pricing information. This may be helpful to some viewers looking to narrow their search.