06 Aug Helena Civic Center
The Algeria Shrine Temple, now known as the Helena Civic Center is an Moorish Revival building in Helena, Montana that was built in 1920. The building served as a meeting hall for the Algeria Shriners and had civic functions. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988.
The National Register’s database records “Historic subfunctions” that include “meeting hall” for the place. Today, the building has a 1925
seat auditorium and a 15,000 sq. ft. ballroom/exhibition hall. It is currently owned and operated by the City of Helena and available for banquets, craft shows, dances, weddings, trade shows and conferences.